A Minor Tumblr Success – Thoughts
12/31/2012 Leave a comment
Vacation followed by the holidays is a great way to fall behind on your blogs and writing.
I thought about doing Nanowrimo. How much did I end up writing in November? About one day’s worth of words.
Just posted this on Tumblr, and it was suddenly a hit. Lots of people noticing it, liking, reblogging. Well, “lots” being more than one. So, what do we learn?
- Photos with lots of parts, and that tell a story, do well on Tumblr
- Middle of the afternoon seems to be higher traffic – and would be a good time to add a queue.
- People look at and find things that are not part of the feeds from people they follow – perhaps the tags did the trick.
- My previous posts apparently weren’t as interesting as this one.
- No one has actually followed me yet just because they liked this one.
So some things to think about. I have a short story ready to write, and the Tumblr space set up for it, so I hope to see that posting soon. And then some New Year’s news to come!